måndag 25 juli 2016

First impression and mini review

Hello lovies,

Today I finally got the chance to try out the very-talked-about EX1 Cosmetics Foundation. I've heard so much about it and wanted to try for myself. 
I thought I'd do a kind of first impression while trying it for the first time to let you know what I think about it. 



Start

The container is a simple yet cute, made of plastic with copper details. I used a pump and a half for the whole face. 

I decided to use a primer on half of my face to see if it makes a difference. I used the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Start Instant Perfecting Primer. To see how the  EX1 foundation applies I used a Beauty Blender on the half of my face where I used the primer and I used a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush on the other half. Oh and I'm using the foundations in the shade F200.

I found that the foundation applied really smoothly with both tools. I felt like the side where I used the brush got a little bit more coverage with one layer, which surprised me. (It was extremely hot today so I didn't feel like putting on another layer) 

The second thing I noticed was that on the half without primer the EX1 foundation looked more dewy then on the primed side (the primer I used was not a mattifying one).
I didn't feel like the foundation on either side made my pores appear larger or texture showing, which was really nice. 


Without primer
With primer

After five hours

After applying my makeup I rushed to work (riding my bike in the nice summer weather)
I worked for about four hours and went home again. 
I looked at my foundation again to see if I could notice any change. I saw nothing! The foundation was still looking as good as it first did after applying it and still felt hydrating. I was impressed that the EX1 foundation could still look so good after a few hours and in the heat. 


After eight ours

I looked at the makeup again after about 8-8,5 hours and it still looked really good. I could see a little change on the tip of my nose and on my chin. But honestly I think that was just from me rubbing it off. Still super impressed of EX1. 


My final thoughts

This foundation looks absolutely beautiful on the skin and is very long wearing. It blended in to the skin very nice and did not feel heavy at all.
I love that the tones of the foundations go more yellow/olive then most foundations out there. 
The price of this beauty is only SEK 145 which is insane for the quality and I got it at lookfantastic.com
I can highly recommend EX1 foundation for those of you that have the same skin type like me - normal to dry. I don't know how it will look on combination oily skin but I've heard people with that skin type raving about EX1 as well. 
If you're looking for a new foundation this is a really good one. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar